Everything You Need for a Successful Relocation
1. First things first:
Don't panic! Start by making some preliminary decisions, determining such things as your time frame and service requirements. If you are relocating at the request of your company, you should find out what your relocation benefits are from your company relocation policy.
2. Should it stay or should it go?
Next, you should go through your belongings, determining what you want to take with you (and when you will need it), what you want to place into storage, and what you want to dispose of.
3. Call in the experts:
Having determined which of your belongings will actually come with you, contact your Earth Global Move Specialist and arrange for an in-home survey and consultation. During your Pre-move Consultation, your Global Move Specialist will explain the entire process and inform you about all of the services that are available to help you prepare and plan your entire move:
- Transportation and storage options
- Special requirements for pets, vehicles, fragile items, etc.
- Transit protection – All Risk Insurance Your Earth Global Move Specialist will help you to choose the service delivery that best meets your needs. Together, you will choose and schedule your packing and loading day(s).
4. Choosing a shipping Method:
- Ocean Mode: Shipping by sea is an economical mode of transport that works well for most customers. Sea options include:
- Shipping in Liftvan (LCL): Loaded at your residence, liftvans are placed directly into containers. This method is perfect for those requiring storage or those with less than a full container load.
- Shipping in Sole Container (FCL): Your goods are loaded into your own secure sea container. This method can be a cost-effective way to send larger volumes.
- Shipping in Consolidated container: Consolidate your shipment with others and save money, though you'll need to be flexible in the timing of your delivery.
- Air Mode: Shipping by air will get your goods to their destination more quickly, but usually costs much more. For very small volumes, shipping by air can be a better option.
- Land Mode: Inland shipments are suggested for moves happening to/from US, Canada and Mexico
5. Protect your belongings:
After you and your Global Move Specialist have decided how you will transport your belongings, you should go through them again, this time gauging the value of all the items you will not be disposing of. Once you've done that, you can fill out a valued inventory to protect them under the All Risk Insurance Coverage
6. Make your travel plans:
Once you've set a date for your move, you should make your travel arrangements, including temporary accommodation at origin and destination. Earth can help you with this—ask your Global Move Specialist for details.
7. Organize your paperwork:
It is imperative that you begin to take care of all your required documentation as soon as possible. This includes visa applications, passport renewals, customs forms and change of address notices. And, of course, don't forget either your needs-assessment questionnaire or your protection inventory. Earth Global Move Specialist can offer assistance with all the necessary paperwork.
8. Set a little something aside:
Before moving day, set aside all those items that you do not wish to be packed in the shipment. This would include your passport and other important documents, tickets, money, and jewelry among other things. Kindly mark the items that are not supposed to be shipped with bright fluorescent post it notes so that the crew does not pack and load them.
9. Moving Out:
On moving day, Please keep kids away from the packing & moving areas so they do not get hurt while moving furniture pieces, heavy boxes etc. It's imperative that you (or an authorized representative) are there for the whole duration, so you can verify the count and condition of your belongings in relation to the packing inventory, as well as answer any questions that the moving team might have.
10. Packing Inventory Sheet:
As your personal belongings are carefully wrapped and packed, Earth's Crew Supervisor will note each item on a "Packing Inventory Sheet." Once all items have been removed from your home, packed and loaded into the truck or container, they will be numbered and will appear on the packing inventory list. This inventory is a working document from your previous home to your new location.
11. Track Your Shipment Online:
Earth's website lets you track your shipment using any computer with internet access.
12. Arriving in your new country:
Once you arrive in your new home, contact your local Earth Global Move Specialist so you can arrange the delivery of your belongings and start getting settled as soon as possible.
13. Receiving Your Personal Belongings:
Once you've selected your new house and made all the necessary arrangements, it's time for delivery of your belongings! Your local Earth Global Move Agent will confirm:
- the status and delivery date of your personal belongings
- items being transported into local storage (if any)
- details of your pet's transfer (if any)
- orientation tours and other relocation services
Be sure to advise your Consultant if access to your home is difficult, so the Crew will be fully prepared for the delivery.
If you’re moving to Dubai or another exotic location anywhere in the world, we have the skills to do everything you need for a successful relocation. Moving to the UAE can be stressful for any person or company, but we make relocating to Dubai easier than you ever imagined.
If you’re planning on relocating to UAE or another destination, contact us right away. We know all the tips and tricks for successfully moving to Dubai with a minimum of hassles. So why not contact us? You’ll be so very glad you did once everything is done and in place in your new location without any hassles or problems.