Earth Relocation is a globally recognized relocation company that provides expert international shipping and relocation services. Shipping artwork can be a complex process, and it is essential to work with a reliable and experienced relocation company to ensure the safe transportation of valuable and delicate pieces. In this article, we will discuss the process of shipping artwork with a relocation company, covering essential topics such as preparing artwork for shipping, shipping options, customs clearance, insurance coverage, tracking and delivery.
Preparing Artwork for Shipping
Preparing artwork for shipping is crucial to ensure its safe transportation. Here are some essential steps to prepare artwork for shipping:
- Wrapping: Wrap the artwork in acid-free tissue paper and secure it with bubble wrap. Use tape to ensure the bubble wrap stays in place.
- Crating: For large pieces, create a custom crate using plywood or MDF board. Ensure that the crate is sturdy and has enough room for the artwork to fit comfortably.
- Labelling: Label the artwork with “Fragile” and “This Side Up” stickers to ensure that the handlers know how to handle the package during transportation.
It is crucial to work with a relocation company that specializes in shipping artwork to ensure that the preparation process is done correctly. They have the necessary experience and expertise to handle delicate and valuable artwork.
Different shipping methods are available for shipping artwork, including air freight, sea freight, and road freight. Here are some essential factors to consider when choosing the best shipping option for artwork:
- Size and weight: Larger and heavier artwork may require sea freight or road freight.
- Fragility: Fragile pieces may require air freight to ensure safe transportation.
- Budget: Air freight is generally more expensive than sea freight or road freight.
Here’s an overview of the pros and cons of each shipping method:
- Air freight: This is the fastest shipping method and provides quick and safe transportation for artwork. However, it is more expensive than other shipping methods.
- Sea freight: This is a cost-effective shipping method that is suitable for large and heavy artwork. However, it takes longer than air freight and requires additional preparation to ensure safe transportation.
- Road freight: This shipping method is suitable for artwork that needs to be transported within the same country or continent. It is cost-effective but can be slower than air or sea freight.
Customs clearance is a necessary step when shipping artwork internationally. The following documents are required for customs clearance:
- Invoices: Provide an invoice detailing the artwork’s value and the buyer’s information.
- Certificates of authenticity: If the artwork is a limited edition or has historical significance, provide a certificate of authenticity.
- Import permits: Some countries require import permits for certain types of artwork.
Working with a relocation company that specializes in international artwork shipping can make the customs clearance process easier. They have experience in dealing with customs officials and can ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared and submitted correctly.
Insurance coverage is crucial when shipping artwork. Accidents can happen during transportation, and insurance coverage provides financial protection against loss or damage. Here are some types of insurance coverage available:
- All-risk coverage: This covers all types of damage, including theft, loss, and damage during transportation.
- Named perils coverage: This covers specific risks, such as theft or damage during transportation.
- Limited coverage: This covers only certain types of damage, such as damage during transportation.
It is essential to choose the right insurance coverage based on the artwork’s value and transportation method. A relocation company that specializes in international artwork shipping can help artwork owners choose the right insurance coverage and ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared and submitted.
Tracking and Delivery
The tracking and delivery process is crucial to ensure the safe transportation of artwork. Here’s an overview of how tracking and delivery work:
Tracking is an essential part of the shipping process that allows artwork owners to monitor their pieces’ progress from start to finish. Earth Relocation utilizes advanced tracking technology that enables clients to track their artwork 24/7.
Once the artwork is in transit, clients receive a tracking number that they can use to track their shipment online. This number enables clients to access real-time updates on the location and status of their artwork. Clients can also receive notifications via email or text message, providing them with up-to-date information on their shipment’s progress.
In the rare event of a delay or an issue with the shipment, Earth Relocation’s team of experts will immediately notify the client and take appropriate action to resolve the issue.
The delivery of artwork is the final step in the shipping process. Earth Relocation’s team of experts works closely with clients to ensure that their artwork is delivered safely and securely to its final destination.
Once the shipment arrives at its destination, Earth Relocation’s team of professionals will work to clear the shipment through customs and obtain any necessary permits. They will also work with local partners to ensure that the artwork is delivered to its final destination on time and in perfect condition.
Clients can choose from a variety of delivery options, including door-to-door, door-to-port, and port-to-port delivery. The delivery method will depend on the client’s specific needs and the location of the artwork’s final destination.
In conclusion, shipping artwork with a relocation company requires careful planning and execution to ensure the safe and secure transportation of valuable pieces. Earth Relocation’s expertise in international shipping and relocation services makes them an ideal partner for artwork owners looking to transport their pieces safely and securely.
Preparing artwork for shipping, selecting the right shipping option, clearing customs, securing insurance coverage, and tracking and delivering artwork all require specialized knowledge and expertise that only a professional relocation company can provide. By partnering with Earth Relocation, artwork owners can rest assured that their valuable pieces are in good hands.
At Earth Relocation, we understand the complexities of international moving and shipping, and our team of experts is committed to providing clients with the highest level of service and support. If you are an artwork owner looking to transport your pieces safely and securely, we invite you to contact us to learn more about our international shipping and relocation services.